The Best of Coronation Street - 1980 to 1989 - Ten DVD Boxset
It’s the release that British soap fans have been waiting for. The third must have box set of
ITV’s celebrated and award-winning drama serial Coronation Street contains eighty landmark episodes from the
1980s in this ten-disc set.
Coronation Street 1980 – 1989 contains all the tragedy and comedy soap fans have come to associate with the
nation’s most popular programme. Join in with the love, laughter, tears and nail-biting drama featuring battleaxes,
busty barmaids and people who wear their hearts on their sleeves in this highly addictive soap which has won an
unprecedented amount of accolades.
- 1980: Elsie Tanner sets fire to her living room. Gail Tilsley has a baby.
- 1981: Arnold threatens Emily with murder. Ken and Deirdre get married.
- 1982: Betty Turpin is mugged. Eddie Yeates and Marion get engaged.
- 1983: Deirdre Barlow has an affair with Mike and Ken finds out. The Ogden’s 40th wedding
anniversary. Len Fairclough dies in a car accident.
- 1984: Elsie Tanner leaves for the last time. Stan Ogden’s funeral.
- 1985: Tracy Barlow runs away. Alf and Audrey get married.
- 1986: Ken has a punch-up with Mike. Kevin and Sally get married.
- 1987: Gail gives birth. Bet Lynch marries Alec Gilroy. Hilda is beaten up by burglars.
Christmas show – Hilda’s last one.
- 1988: Mavis and Derek get married. Don and Ivy get married.
- 1989: Alan tries to murder Rita. Alan is killed by a Blackpool tram. Ken Barlow has an
- Format: Region 2 PAL Format Black and White/Colour
- Running Time: 2000 minutes
- Video Aspect: 4:3 Full Screen
- Audio Soundtrack: English - Dolby Digital Mono