Coronation Street Best Of 1960s Ten DVD Boxset
This ultimate collection of eighty episodes of Coronation Street, spread over ten DVD discs, was specially
selected by the official historian of Coronation Street and represents the cream of the crop of epsiodes between
1960 and 1969.
From the very first episode back in 1960 through to 1969, you can now relive the trials, tribulations, joy and
jubilation as encountered by the folk of Manchester's Coronation Street in the UK's most compelling soap, that has
become a national treasure and which will forever have a place in our hearts.
Created by Tony Warren, this first decade of the nation's favourite soap proves why the programme is the UK's
longest running serial and also why the programme has rightly been the winner of over forty accolades including the
BAFTA award for Best Continuing Drama, multiple British Soap Awards, numerous National Television Awards, many TV
Quick Awards and various honours from the Writers' Guild of Great Britain.
- 1960 - Dennis Tanner's arrest on suspicion of breaking and entering.
- 1961 - Ena missing the bus back from Swindley's Blackpool trip.
- 1962 - The infamous bar brawl between Ken and Len Fairclough in the Rovers Return.
- 1963 - Sheila's attempted suicide and Jerry and Myra's marriage.
- 1964 - Florrie's shop rage and Stan's wrestling antics.
- 1965 - The destruction of one of the houses on 'The Street' plus the birth of Ken and
- 1966 - Ena's encounter with louts and her alleged shoplifting.
- 1967 - The infamous train crash involving some of your favourite characters.
- 1968 - Val Barlow's hostage experience plus Ena's envy of Bobby the Cat.
- 1969 - Minnie's gambling addiction plus the notorious coach crash that hospitalises Val